Monday 8 February 2016

Windmill open sunday 7th Jan

Eleven booked in today so lots of room peg 25 came out of the bag which is a good draw.
I started the match fishing 13 meters feeding bits of corn and pellet and started to get bites straight away then into my first carp of about 3lb the wind got up so I lengthened my line to stop the pole blowing the float out of the water which worked great until the wind got so strong I had to abandon it.
Out went the lead and another carp hit the net then nothing no body was catching so I looked at the pole line again when the wind allowed me and had another carp as the day went on I had odd carp on the lead chucking it on my pole line and over to the island I ended up with 7 carp to win with 40.10oz second was 21.00 lb thank you once again to Terry Bolton for a well run match and a pleasant day.
Well done to Derek Higgs for catching some nice silvers and taking lordys pound!!
Windmill fishery is fishing well with lots of bites on soft pellets and maggots skimmers, roach, and tench being caught if you like the lead then straight lead small methods fished just off the island all working well..give it a go

No comments:

Post a Comment